Thursday, September 29, 2011

DIY: Eyeshadow Primer!


Today I am going to show you how to make your very own eyeshadow primer! It is using things that you can find around the house so it is super afordable! I hope this works for you! Enjoy!

Things you will need:
-A unscented body loition or body butter. I am using the Aveeno Daily Mosturing Loiton.
-Petroleum Jelly. I am using Vaseline. You olny need a tiny tiny bit of this.
-Q-Tips
-A liquid concealer or foundation. I am using the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer.
-A mineral eyeshadow. I am using the Fresh Minerals Mineral Eyeshadow in Hush. This is optional.
-A small container to put it in. You can find these almost anywhere.

How You Make It!
Step 1: Take your container and mix equal portions of you liquid foundation or concealer and your loiton. Then mix them togeather with your Q-Tip.
Step 2: Add a tiny bit of Vaseline. If you add to much it will make your eyelids oily. Then stir it in with your Q-Tip.
Step 3: If you wanted to have a coloured primer add your mineral eyeshadow or pigment now. The mix it in.
Step 4: Make sure your primer is mixed well then put on the lid for the container on tight, you don't want it to dry out! Then apply to your eyelids before you put on your eyeshadow!
Thats all you have to do to create your very own eye primer! It's cheap and it works! I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks so much for viditing my blog! If you want more DIY posts please let me know! You can contact me by leaving a comment, e-mailing me at beautytips4ever@gmail.com, or by following me on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/blushingbarbie1! Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope this eye primer works for you!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! I will try this, but I would like to substitute the Vaseline with something plant based. Do you think I should try an oil, or rather coconut or Shea butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not use an oil because that could make the primer less efective but my freind actully made this with shea butter and it worked great! I hope this helps! Thanks for reading my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used a facial moisturiser instead of the body lotion and vaseline and it works well for me. I'll give this a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gemma. So nice to meet you. About 6-8 months ago I started my own beauty/fashion blog. I'm loving yours at moment. I think I am definitely going to try this homemade primer. I've been looking of ways to make one and alternatives to the primer. I'm probably going to do a post on that soon. Check it out, maybe. Come by and say hi! Thanks. Waiting for new post....

    fashionfanatic77@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buying cosmetics product at online can be easy in stores.This is a best option for eye liner products.

    eye primer base & best eyeshadow palette

    ReplyDelete